Affordable housing contractor Wates Living Space is holding a ‘Meet the Buyer’ event to give North East subcontractors the chance to work on a range of new-build and housing refurbishment sites across the North East.
The free event will take place on 13th February at the Newcastle Gateshead Marriott at the MetroCentre from 09:30am until 16:00pm.
Interested firms must complete an expression of interest form to be considered for a 20-minute interview slot.
To register, contact Laura Kennedy at BE Group on [email protected] or Tel: 0191 426 6333.
Wates is currently working on behalf of Your Homes Newcastle to help residents of 350 properties in the city’s west end to reduce fuel bills though the government’s Community Energy Saving Programme.
Recent projects also include a £17m programme of home improvements for Arms Length Management Organisation, East Durham Homes. This includes replaced kitchens and bathrooms and the installation of new central heating systems.
Wates is looking to meet with new North East sub contractors of the following key trades:
- Asbestos surveys and removal
- Concrete/fabric repairs
- Demolition contractors
- Domestic electrical contractors
- Fencing contractors
- Floor screeders
- Groundworks: digging trenches, reinforcement cages, pouring concrete, concrete slabs, hard landscaping, paving, tarmac, kerbs, drainage
- Internal builders cleaning (not office contract cleaning)
- Internal flooring: Vinyl, carpets and latex screeding
- Joinery: Installing doors, door frames, skirting, architrave, kitchen units, timber windows
- Roofing: Aluminium standing seam roofing and single membrane roofing
- Mastic pointing
- Metalworkers: fencing, gates & railings
- Plastering: Domestic plastering contractors to cover boarding, dubbing & skim
- Plumbing & Heating: Domestic heating installers, domestic bathroom installers
- Scaffolding (must be NASC approved)
- Soft Landscaping: planting, seeding, turfing.