There's a huge shake-up planned for CDM Regulations. How will this affect all those involved in construction work? What are the proposed changes?
The consultation proposes significant changes in the following areas:
1. Major simplification of the regulations
2. Replacement of ACoP with targeted guidance
3. Replacement of the CDM-C role with a 'principal designer' appointed at the pre-construction phase
4. Removal of explicit competence requirements - to be replaced with 'appropriate skills'
5. Addressing areas of Temporary or Mobile Construction Sites Directive (TMCSD) relating to domestic clients;
6. The threshold for appointment of co-ordinators.
Read an informative article by our partner - CDM compliance and asbestos management specialist Ai Solutions - detailing the proposed changes: